Oh hi. It's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry about that. How about we make it up to you by letting you know that we've just posted a track from the Widow's Watch
LP coming out this summer? The song is called "Fake Smile", and the album is called "This Message Repeats". We're pretty excited about it. Check it out if you're into things like Leatherface, Doughboys, Naked Raygun, No Choice, most of the Newest Industry Records catalog, social justice, woodworking, long-distance running... You get the idea.
Listen here: Fake Smile
If you're into the social networking you can get to know Widow's Watch at the following:
I finally got word that the Dead Mechanical
- OK Night LPs and the Capitalist Kids
/ Tight Bros
split 7"s will arrive this week. Give me a couple days to get the pre-orders put together, but they will start shipping by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience.
Both releases are now available in digital format from your favorite retailer of that sort of thing (iTunes, Amazon, eMusic, etc.)
I also want to congratulate Ben from Highway Cross
and Funny from Widow's Watch
for getting married this weekend. (Not to each other.)
Hey everyone. Bad news. I just got word from the pressing plant that they're super busy and the Dead Mechanical
LPs and the Capitalist Kids
/ Tight Bros
split 7"s won't be shipping until the first week of September. Sorry for the delays. This is by far the longest turn around time I've ever had to deal with for a release.
Summer is upon us and that means cold drinks and catchy tunes. You'll have to get your beverages of choice elsewhere, but we can certainly help you out with some catchy tunes. We're excited to announce that the Dead Mechanical
- OK Night 12" LP and the Capitalist Kids
/ Tight Bros
- split 7" are both now available for pre-order. They will be ready to ship around early August. Pressing info on the Dead Mechanical
12" is 100 on blue and 400 on black and there are 100 on yellow and 400 on black for the split 7". Place your orders now!
We're excited to announce that the Highway Cross
- Run Dry 7" and the Industrial Park
- s/t 7" are both now available for pre-order. They will be shipping April 10th. All who pre-order the Highway Cross
7" will get a free copy of their first, self-released 7". Pressing info on the Highway Cross
7" is 300 on black and there are 300 on white for the Industrial Park
7". Grab one quickly before they're gone. » WEBSTORE
We just put up songs from our next two releases on our Bandcamp
page. Head over there to hear a track each from the Highway Cross
and Industrial Park
7"s which will be out in March. Highway Cross
is a bit of a northern Virginia supergroup, featuring Matt Michel from Majority Rule, Colin Barth from Cloak/Dagger and Trial By Fire, Aaron Tankersley from Shoutbus!, and Jake Kregger from Triac. Talent galore! They sound like Rick Froburg's (Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes, etc) punk rock rage filtered through a DC sensibility. Industrial Park
hail from Portland and play gothic-rock/post-punk in the tradition of bands like Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, and Slowdive. Their upcoming 7" single is just a tease of what's to come. Expect great things.
Mike Hall of Sick Sick Birds
did a track by track explanation of Gates of Home for the Smile Trick blog. Check it out here
2013 is going to be a busy year at Toxic Pop. After those two 7"s are out we'll be working on records for Dead Mechanical, The Capitalist Kids, Scum Again, Infected, Tenement, and hopefully finally getting that Idle Hands record finished. Get psyched!
The Capitalist Kids
- Lessons on Love, Sharing, and Hygiene LPs are in and ready to ship. We still have a few copies on white vinyl left, but they won't last long. Get your order in now if you're into that sort of thing. It's also now up on iTunes, Amazon, etc. Just click the appropriate link to the right there to get yourself a copy.
The In Between
- So Steady 7" EP is almost ready to ship. We're just waiting on an insert that the band is putting together. They are currently on tour around the southeast and midwest, but we're hoping they can get it to us while they're out so we can get this thing into your hands. We're pretty excited about it. Click the pre-order link on the right to guarantee yourself a copy on blue vinyl.
Parenthood is coming next week for us here at Toxic Pop so things will be a little crazy for a while until we get settled into that, but fear not, we've got lots of releases planned for the near future. Coming soon we've got 7" EPs from VA's Highway Cross
and Portland's Industrial Park
, and LPs from Dead Mechanical
, Idle Hands
, and a 12" collection of singles, EPs, splits, and compilation tracks from Tenement
. We hope you're as excited for all that as we are. More news as things progress. Feel free to get in touch about trades for sweet punk rock onesies!
Hey folks, got a little bit of news for ya today. First of all, pre-orders are up now for The Capitalist Kids
- Lessons on Love, Sharing, and Hygiene 12" LP. Click on the "WEBSTORE" link above to get yourself a copy. The vinyl should be ready to ship by the end of July. They're on tour right now around the southeast so be sure to catch them if they're coming near your town.
The master for the In Between
- So Steady 7" EP is at the plant and we should have test presses any day now. Once they're approved we'll get pre-orders going on that. You can check out the song "Disassociate" at our Bandcamp page. Just click on that "MEDIA" link above. Hope you dig it as much as we do. They'll be playing the first day of the Charm City Art Space's Ten Year Anniversary Blowout! here in Baltimore on July 6th. Lots of great bands all weekend. Fellow Toxic Popppers Dead Mechanical
are also on the bill for the weekend.
More info on our releases as it comes in. Until then, stay cool.